"Yeah," came the deep grunt of Crabbe from his right.
“没事儿。”他右边传来克拉布声音浑厚的咕哝。
Harry unlocked his door and stepped in front of the cracked mirror.
哈利打开门锁,站到裂了缝的镜子前面。
Goyle stared back at him out of dull, deep-set eyes. Harry scratched his ear. So did Goyle.
高尔用呆滞的、深陷的眼睛回望着他。哈利搔了搔耳朵,高尔也做得分毫不差。
Ron's door opened. They stared at each other.
罗恩的门开了,他们互相瞪着对方。
Except that he looked pale and shocked, Ron was indistinguishable from Crabbe, from the pudding-basin haircut to the long, gorilla arms.
罗恩活脱脱就是克拉布的翻版,从那短短的锅底发型到长长的大猩猩般的手臂,只是脸色显得苍白而惶恐。
"This is unbelievable," said Ron, approaching the mirror and prodding Crabbe's flat nose. "Unbelievable."
“真令人难以置信,”罗恩说着,走到镜子面前,戳了戳克拉布的塌鼻子,“难以置信。”
"We'd better get going," said Harry, loosening the watch that was cutting into Goyle's thick wrist.
“我们赶紧走吧,”哈利说,一边松开勒住高尔粗手腕的手表,
"We've still got to find out where the Slytherin common room is, I only hope we can find someone to follow..."
“我们还得弄清斯莱特林的公共休息室在哪里,真希望我们能找一个人可以跟着……”
Ron, who had been gazing at Harry, said, "You don't know how bizarre it is to see Goyle thinking."
罗恩一直注视着哈利,这时说道:“看到高尔居然在思考,你不知道这有多么古怪。”
He banged on Hermione's door. "C'mon, we need to go..."
他砰砰地敲着赫敏的门。“快点,我们得走了……”
A high-pitched voice answered him. "I—I don't think I'm going to come after all. You go on without me."
一个尖尖的声音回答他道:“我——我实在不想出来了。你们自己去吧。”
"Hermione, we know Millicent Bulstrode's ugly, no one's going to know it's you."
“赫敏,我们知道米里森长得很丑,谁也不会知道是你。”
"No—really—I don't think I'll come. You two hurry up, you're wasting time."
“不行——真的不行——我想我不能来了。你们俩赶紧行动,你们在浪费时间。”
Harry looked at Ron, bewildered. "That looks more like Goyle," said Ron. "That's how he looks every time a teacher asks him a question."
哈利望着罗恩,一脸的困惑。 “这样就更像高尔了,”罗恩说道,“每当老师向他提问时,他总是这副表情。”
"Hermione, are you OK?" said Harry through the door.
“赫敏,你没事儿吧?”哈利隔着门问道。
"Fine—I'm fine... Go on—"
“没事儿——我很好……走吧——”
Harry looked at his watch. Five of their precious sixty minutes had already passed.
哈利看了看手表。他们宝贵的六十分钟已经过去了五分钟。
"We'll meet you back here, all right?" he said.
“我们还回这里和你见面,好吗?”他说。
Harry and Ron opened the door of the bathroom carefully, checked that the coast was clear and set off.
哈利和罗恩小心地打开盥洗室的门,看清了四下里没有人,便出发了。
"Don't swing your arms like that," Harry muttered to Ron.
“别那么晃悠你的胳膊。”哈利小声对罗恩说。
"Eh?"
“怎么啦?”
"Crabbe holds them sort of stiff..."
“克拉布的胳膊有些僵硬……”
"How's this?"
“这样怎么样?”
"Yeah, that's better."
“啊,好多了。”
They went down the marble staircase.
他们走下大理石阶梯。