LONG-ISLAND SAILOR
长岛水手:
Well, well, ye sulkies, there's plenty more of us. Hoe corn when you may, say I.
哼,哼,你们这些愁眉苦脸的家伙,我们都尽够满意啦。收割得及时,我说。
All legs go to harvest soon. Ah! here comes the music; now for it!
大家都要去收割喽。呀,音乐响了;来吧。
AZORE SAILOR (Ascending, and pitching the tambourine up the scuttle.)
亚速尔群岛水手:(敲着小手鼓,走上小舱口)
Here you are, Pip; and there's the windlass-bits; up you mount! Now, boys!
比普,给你吧;这里还有一只小绞车,你们准备好呀!好,伙伴们!
(The half of them dance to the tambourine; some go below; some sleep or lie among the coils of rigging. Oaths a-plenty.)
(有一半人合着小手鼓跳了起来;有的下舱里去;有的在索具中间躺着,睡着。咒骂不停。)
AZORE SAILOR (Dancing)
亚速尔群岛水手:(在跳舞)
Go it, Pip! Bang it, bell-boy! Rig it, dig it, stig it, quig it, bell-boy!
用劲呀,比普!敲呀,钟僮!快呀,加油,别松劲,快呀,钟僮!
Make fire-flies; break the jinglers!PIP
敲得响亮些,别敲小铃铛啦!比普:
Jinglers, you say?--there goes another, dropped off; I pound it so.
你说小铃铛吗?又不见了一个喽,丢啦;我就这样乱敲啦。
CHINA SAILOR
中国水手:
Rattle thy teeth, then, and pound away; make a pagoda of thyself.
那么,就卡搭卡搭叩你的牙齿,连连叩下去!你自己搭一个宝塔吧。
FRENCH SAILOR
法国水手:
Merry-mad! Hold up thy hoop, Pip, till I jump through it! Split jibs! tear yourselves! Tashtego ( Quietly smoking.)
狂欢呀!举起你的铁箍来,比普,让我一跳就穿过它,三角帆扯裂啦!你们赶快跑吧!塔斯蒂哥:(悠闲地吸着烟)
That's a white man; he calls that fun: humph! I save my sweat.
那是个白种人:他竟要玩这种玩意儿;哼!我是不舍得出汗的。
OLD MANX SAILOR
人岛老水手:
I wonder whether those jolly lads bethink them of what they are dancing over.
这些个高高兴兴的小伙子,我真不知道他们可想到是在什么上面跳。
I'll dance over your grave, I will-that's the bitterest threat of your night-women, that beat head-winds round corners.
我可要在你的坟上跳,我要...那是你们的情妇最凶狠的威胁,那是拐角儿的顶头风。
O Christ! to think of the green navies and the green-skulled crews!
基督呀!想一想这些乳臭未干又无经验的水手!
Well, well; belike the whole world's a ball, as you scholars have it; and so it's right to make one ballroom of it.
唔,唔;也许整个世界就是一个球儿,象你们这些学者所说的;因此就该把它当作个舞厅。
Dance on, lads, you're young; I was once.
跳吧,小伙子们,你们都是年纪轻轻的;我已经是过来人喽。