手机APP下载

您现在的位置: 首页 > 专业四级 > 专四听力 > 英语专四听力真题 > 正文

2014年英语专业四级听力真题 对话2

来源:可可英语 编辑:max   可可英语APP下载 |  可可官方微信:ikekenet
  


扫描二维码可进行跟读训练
  下载MP3到电脑  [F8键暂停/播放]   批量下载MP3到手机
So, Miss Parkinson, you organize fitness training and beauty treatments for working women?

所以,帕金森小姐,你专门针对职业女性组织健身训练和美容保养服务?

That's right, Mr. Cruise.
是的,克鲁兹先生。
Could you tell me how you first got the idea for the business?
可以透露一下你当初是怎么产生从事这一行业的念头的吗?
Certainly. I suppose it all started about five years ago.
当然可以。一切大概是从五年前开始的吧。
I was in holiday and had a very bad skin accident.
当时我在度假,我的皮肤因为意外受了重伤。
I found that the only thing that helped the pain was massage and gentle exercise, like yoga or stretching exercises.
我发现唯一能缓解疼痛的方法就是按摩和轻度的锻炼,比如瑜伽、伸展运动。
So I used to go to therapists and classes after work.
所以那时下班后我都会去看理疗师、去上课。
Where did you work at that time?
当时你在哪儿工作?
In the training department of a media company.
在一家媒体公司的培训部门。
I see.
恩。
But then, I got a promotion to training manager.
但后来,我得到提拔,成为了培训经理。
That meant I worked longer hours and it was difficult to get to classes.
这意味着我的工作时间延长了,而且很难抽出时间去上课。
I asked some of my teachers if they would come to my house instead.
我问我的一些老师他们是否可以到家里授课。
And most of them agreed.
大部分老师都表示同意。
It was more expensive but I thought it was worth it.
这样做更贵,但我认为很值。
Lots of my friends liked the idea, too.
我的许多朋友也很喜欢这个主意。
So I recommended people to them.
所以我就向他们推荐老师。
That's when I began to realize that maybe I could make a business out of it.
就在那时,我开始意识到也许我可以将此转为商机。
Did you give up your job, then?
那么你当时放弃工作了吗?
No, not immediately.
没有,没有马上放弃。
The idea was too scary.
这个想法太吓人了。
I had a good job with a good salary and starting my own business seemed a bit risky.
我有一份不错的工作,还领着不错的薪水,自己创业似乎有点冒险。
So I just did it as a hobby really.
所以我只是把它当作兴趣爱好来做。
So why did you leave your job in the end?
那最终您为什么又放弃你的工作了呢?
Well, the decision was made for me really.
呃,实际上这个决定是为我量身定做的。
My company decided to relocate to a different town.
我们公司决定换址,搬到另一个小镇去。
They offered me the choice of relocating with them or quite a large sum of money if I preferred to leave.
他们给我两个选择,要么跟公司一起搬迁,要么获得一大笔钱,假如我选择离开。
I know an opportunity when I see it.
只要我看到一个机会,我就会抓住。
So I took the money.
所以我选择了拿钱。
Good for you.
好样的。

重点单词   查看全部解释    
decision [di'siʒən]

想一想再看

n. 决定,决策

 
fitness ['fitnis]

想一想再看

n. 适合度(生物学术语) n. 健康

 
organize ['ɔ:gənaiz]

想一想再看

v. 组织

 
promotion [prə'məuʃən]

想一想再看

n. 晋升,促进,提升

联想记忆
relocate ['ri:ləu'keit]

想一想再看

v. 重新装置,再配置,放在新地方

联想记忆
opportunity [.ɔpə'tju:niti]

想一想再看

n. 机会,时机

 
gentle ['dʒentl]

想一想再看

adj. 温和的,轻柔的,文雅的,温顺的,出身名门的

 

发布评论我来说2句

    最新文章

    可可英语官方微信(微信号:ikekenet)

    每天向大家推送短小精悍的英语学习资料.

    添加方式1.扫描上方可可官方微信二维码。
    添加方式2.搜索微信号ikekenet添加即可。