Shaun: Hi, you're senum, am I right?
肖恩:嗨,你是塞纳姆对吧?
Senum: That's right. And you're Shaun?
塞纳姆:没错。你是肖恩吧?
Shaun: Yeah, yeah. I'm from Canada and I heard that you're from Australia.
肖恩:对。我来自加拿大,我听说你来自澳大利亚。
Senum: Yep. That's right.
塞纳姆:对,没错。
Shaun: Ah, that's great because I'm thinking of going to Australia on an exchange, but I'm not sure where to go, or what universities to go to, or even which city I should be looking at.
肖恩:那太棒了,我一直想作为交换生去澳大利亚,可是我不知道要去哪里,也不知道要选择哪所大学,也没有决定要去的城市。
Senum: Well, what time of the year will you be going to Australia?
塞纳姆:你打算什么季节去澳大利亚?
Shaun: I'm thinking of going between November and February.
肖恩:我想在11月至2月之间去。
Senum: Oh, that's a great season. It's very hot then.
塞纳姆:哦,那个季节很棒。不过那时会很热。
Shaun: Yeah, I expected that it would be summer down there.
肖恩:我希望夏天的时候去。
Senum: It is.
塞纳姆:那时就是夏天。
Shaun: So which cities would you recommend for, well, a good atmosphere, or a good university?
肖恩:那你会推荐哪座城市呢,那种氛围很好,或者拥有优秀大学的城市?
Senum: Um, I would recommend in Melbourne for sure, only because I'm from Melbourne, and the weather is actually pretty nice in Melbourne. It's not that hot at, during the day, and it's not that cold at nighttime. One of the main universities in Melbourne is Monash University. It's well know for it's business courses. Um, it's a little bit expensive but if you, you can also receive scholarships from Monash.
塞纳姆:嗯,我肯定会推荐墨尔本,因为我就来自墨尔本,墨尔本的天气非常舒适。白天不会很热,晚上也不会很冷。墨尔本的著名大学是莫纳什大学。这所大学的商业课程最为出名。虽然学费有点贵,不过你可以申请奖学金。
Shaun: Well, Monash, um, I'm actually interested with something to do with architecture, so I mean, I look at the Sydney Opera House, and I'm wondering if there's anything that would teach me architecture, just kind of like, how they designed the Opera House.
肖恩:嗯,莫纳什大学,实际上我对建筑学很感兴趣,我看到悉尼歌剧院的时候就在想,如果我可以学习建筑,我想知道悉尼歌剧院是如何设计出来的。
Senum: I see. RMIT is well know for architecture course so, I would suggest RMIT, for sure, in Melbourne.
塞纳姆:我知道了。墨尔本皇家理工大学的建筑课程很有名,我会推荐你墨尔本皇家理工大学。
Shaun: RUMIT. Great I'll look it up when I get there.
肖恩:墨尔本皇家理工大学。太好了,我到那里以后会找找的。
Senum: Alright.
塞纳姆:好的。
Shaun: Um, you said that Monash University was expensive, but how about RIT?
肖恩:你刚说莫纳什大学的学费有点贵,那RIT大学的学费呢?
Senum: RMIT.
塞纳姆:简称是RMIT。
Shaun: RMIT?
肖恩:RMIT吗?
Senum: Yes.
塞纳姆:对。
Shaun: Ah, how much is that per year?
肖恩:哦,那里一学年的学费是多少?
Senum: Um, it's not as expensive as Monash. RMIT is located in the city so it's easy to get by through trams and trains and buses, and it's not that expensive for transportation and housing is pretty cheap, especially if you do homestay, you'll find that it will be really cheap, um, good luck.
塞纳姆:嗯,没有莫纳什大学贵。墨尔本皇家理工大学位于市中心,所以坐电车、列车和公交车去那里都很方便,交通费不是很贵,而且住宿也很便宜,如果你选择寄宿家庭,你会发现住宿可以省很多钱,祝你好运。
Shaun: Great. Does RMIT have a web site that I can look at?
肖恩:太好了。墨尔本皇家理工大学有没有官方网站?我想查看一下。
Senum: It does. Just go towww.rmit.edu.au.
塞纳姆:有。官网是www.rmit.edu.au。
Shaun: Alright. I'll get that.
肖恩:好,我会去查一下的。
译文属可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载