Todd: Hey Ruth, how's it going?
托德:嗨,鲁斯,你最近过得怎么样?
Ruth: Fine, thank you. I'm fine. How are you?
鲁斯:很好,谢谢你。我很好。你呢?
Todd: Good. Now Ruth, I was noticing that you are eating raisins.
托德:很好。鲁斯,我注意到你在吃葡萄干。
Ruth: That's right yes.
鲁斯:没错,是的。
Todd: What is it with the raisins? You always have raisins!
托德:葡萄干怎么样?你一直在吃葡萄干!
Ruth: I really like raisins. They're so nice. They're so practical because you can take them anywhere. It's not like if you take other fruits with you: they squash and they bruise but raisins are so handy and they come in a little packet and you can always have fruit with you.
鲁斯:我非常喜欢葡萄干。它很好吃。而且也很方便,你可以带着去任何地方。与其他水果不同,如果你要带别的水果,那它们可能会被挤扁,会有伤痕,但是葡萄干不会,因为它方便携带,装在小袋子里带着就随时可以吃到水果了。
Todd: That's a pretty good point there actually but still, I mean, all the time? I see you with raisins every day!
托德:这点非常好,不过我是说一直。我看到你每天都带着葡萄干!
Ruth: I eat raisins every day. I really like them.
鲁斯:我每天都吃葡萄干。我非常喜欢它们。
Todd: Don't you get sick of them? I mean eating them every day?
托德:每天都吃你不会吃腻吗?
Ruth: I don't ever get sick of things like raisins or broccoli for that matter. I could never get sick of it.
鲁斯:我对葡萄干和花椰菜这种食物从来不会厌烦。我从来不会吃腻。
Todd: Well that's strange. What about grapes? Because you like raisins do you like grapes?
托德:这真奇怪。那葡萄呢?既然你喜欢葡萄干,那你喜欢葡萄吗?
Ruth: Actually I prefer grapes. Grapes are probably my favourite fruit but they're not practical. You can't carry them around with you and they're heavier and they're more expensive as well. Raisins are cheap.
鲁斯:实际上我更喜欢葡萄。葡萄是我最喜欢的水果,但是并不方便携带。你不能一直带在身上,它们又重又贵。葡萄干很便宜。
Todd: Have you ever noticed that grapes, at least when I eat grapes, my mouth gets a sensation (not the taste) but something about the texture of eating grapes: my mouth gets a sensation that no other food gives me?
托德:不知道你有没有注意到,不过我每次吃葡萄的时候,嘴里都会有种感觉(不是指味道),而是指葡萄的口感:我嘴里会有一种其他食物给不了我的口感。
Ruth: Yeah that's true. I don't know why that is. Do you think that's because its slightly acidic maybe?
鲁斯:没错。我不知道原因。你认为那是因为葡萄略带酸性吗?
Todd: Ah, could be.
托德:嗯,可能吧。
Ruth: I don't know but I like it.
鲁斯:我不知道原因,不过我喜欢。
Todd: Yeah, grapes are great. Actually where I'm from in California it's a big producer of raisins.
托德:是啊,葡萄太好吃了。我来自加利福尼亚,那里是葡萄干的主要产地。
Ruth: Oh yeah that's right and you can get raisins in little red boxes can't you?
鲁斯:对,没错,你可以买到装在小红盒子里的葡萄干,对吧?
Todd: Yeah. The thing is, I love raisins but not just plain. Eating raisins just doesn't do it for me but I love raisins in my cereal. And I love raisin bran. Best cereal ever made.
托德:对。实际上,我喜欢葡萄干,不过不是普通的那种。我并不喜欢吃葡萄干,可是我喜欢在麦片里加葡萄干。我喜欢葡萄干小麦片,那可是最棒的麦片。
Ruth: I really like it too.
鲁斯:我也喜欢。
Todd: And I love raisins in cookies and raisin bread.
托德:我喜欢葡萄干饼干和葡萄干面包。
Ruth: I don't think I've ever had raisin bread.
鲁斯:我想我没吃过葡萄干面包。
Todd: What? You're like a big raisin fan. And you've never had raisin bread?
托德:什么?你这么喜欢葡萄干,你却没吃过葡萄干面包?
Ruth: I don't think so. Is it like a teacake?
鲁斯:我想是的。和茶叶饼干类似吗?
Todd: No, it's just like a sweet bread with raisins in the middle.
托德:不是,就是中间夹有葡萄干的甜面包。
Ruth: No, I've never had that.
鲁斯:我没吃过。
Todd: You are deprived!
托德:你太落伍了!
Ruth: Obviously!
鲁斯:显然是这样的!
Todd: Well I'll find some raisin bread and I'll give it to you.
托德:我会去买些葡萄干面包给你。
Ruth: Oh you're a star, thank you.
鲁斯:哦,你太贴心了,谢谢你。
译文属可可原创,仅供学习交流使用,未经许可请勿转载