第44周 度假
荧屏情景:
星期二 更换房间 片段选自《看得见风景的房间》 A Room With A View 05:20--06:19
Woman A: The reckless rose, the tempestuous tulip.
女甲:我比较喜欢野性的美,像玫瑰和郁金香。
Cousin: Your mother would never forgie me if I took a view.
表姐:如果我先住,你母亲会怪我的。
Lucy: She'd want you to have it.
露西:母亲会让你先住的!
Cousin: On no account. The view of the Arno is yours.
表姐:不,应该你住。
Lucy: I don't know why we're arguing, because we have no view.
露西:我们别争了,反正也没有这样的房间。
Father: I have a view. And so does George. My son George here. You can have our rooms. We'll have yours. We can change. Why shouldn't have them?
父亲:我和乔治的房间都可看到美景。他就是我的儿子,乔治。我们可以交换房间。为什么不呢?
Cousin: Thank you very much indeed. We could not impose on your kindness.
表姐:真的很感激。我们心领了。
Father: Why?
父亲:为什么?
Lucy: You see...
露西:因为……
Cousin: Hush, Lucy.
表姐:别说了,露西。
Father: Women like looking at a view. Men don't. George, persuade them.
父亲:女人喜欢欣赏景色,男人就不在意这些了。乔治,说服她们!
George: It's obvious they should have the rooms. I have nothing to say, Signora?
乔治:她们是该换房间的!还要吗,夫人?
Cousin: No, thank you.
表姐:不了。
George: Why shouldn't you change? We could clear out in half an hour or in fifteen minutes. These niceties go against common sense! Every kind of sense.
乔治:你为何不肯换?我们半个小时内就可以收拾好,十五分钟也可以。你们这样做很奇怪呀,不合常理。