本段对话选自The Big Bang Theory《生活大爆炸》
You know what I'm going to do? I am going to sit here and just let them stew.
你知道我要做什么?我要坐在这就让他们受煎熬。
No,no,no. You know,they have suffered enough. Everybody's suffered enough.
不不不,你知道,他们已经受够了。每个人都受够了,
The thing is, you're going to have to offer him a face-saving way out of this.
问题是你得要给他一个顾 全面子的方式来解决。
How?
怎么办?
Say you're sorry.
你去道歉。
Oh,no. Mrs.Mary Cooper didn't raise her son liars.
哦,不!玛丽库珀夫人没教她儿子怎么撒谎。
Okay. Um…How about this? You know how you're always trying to learn about sarcasm?
好吧,呃…这样好不好?你知道一直以来你是如何努力学习讽刺人的吗?
No.. No?
不知道。不知道?
I was being sarcastic.
我刚才那是反讽。
Oh. Good for you. So all you have to do here is say you're sorry to Leonard,but say it sarcastically.
噢,真有你的,所以你当下必须要做的是对莱纳德讲你很抱歉,但以讽刺的语气讲。
Of course. He will hear it as an attempt to mend fences as opposed to the withering condemnation. You and I will know it to be.
对哦,他听到会以为是试图改善关系与极具讽刺性的谈责刚好相反,而只有你和 我才知道。
Yeah. Yeah, that was my plan. All right. Come on Let'sgo.
没错,是的,我就是这个意思。好的,我们赶快走吧。