Love Your Mom (Excerption)
感恩母亲(节选)
Those Teenage Years
少年岁月
When you were 13, she suggested a haircut that was becoming.
你13岁,她建议你把发型剪得体。
You thanked her by telling her she had no taste.
你报答她,对她连说没品味。
When you were 14, she paid for a month away at summer camp.
14岁时,她掏钱送你进夏令营。
You thanked her by forgetting to write a single letter.
你报答她,整个月没来一封信。
When you were 15, she came home from work, looking for a hug.
15岁时,她下班回到家,渴望一个拥抱。
You thanked her by having your bedroom door locked.
你报答她,把房门反锁不理她。
When you were 16, she taught you how to drive her car.
16岁时,她手把手教你开她的车。
You thanked her by taking it every chance you could.
你报答她,逮着机会就玩车。
When you were 17, she was expecting an important call.
17岁时,她在等一个重要电话。
You thanked her by being on the phone all night.
你报答她,电话粥煲了一通宵。
When you were 18, she cried at your high school graduation.
18岁时,你高中毕业,她喜极而泣把泪洒。
You thanked her by staying out partying until dawn.
你报答她,在外面聚会通宵达旦不回家。
When you were 19, she paid your college tuition, drove you to campus, carried your bags.
19岁时,大学学费她买单,扛着包开车送你到学校。
You thanked her by saying good-bye outside the dorm so you wouldn't be embarrassed in front of your friends.
你报答她,在宿舍门外说再见,为的是不在朋友面前现大眼。