重点讲解:
1. go well
一切顺利;进展顺利;
eg. If you could bring forward any evidence, all would go well.
如果你能拿出证据来,一切就解决了。
eg. May everything go well with you in the new year!
祝你在新的一年里万事如意!
2. tread on
踩;踏;践踏;
eg. Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to tread on your foot.
哦,对不起,我不是故意踩你脚的。
eg. I had white rugs on the floor, but people were scared to tread on them in case they marked.
我在地板上铺了白色小地毯,但大家都不敢往上踩,以免在上面留下脚印。
3. what the hell
(用以加强语气或咒骂)究竟,到底;
eg. Kay blazed out at him. "What the hell does that mean?
恺憋了一肚子闷气,突然向他爆发出来:“这话到底是什么意思?”
eg. He makes random guesses, and then wonders what the hell has happened.
他在心中打闷雷,想着这到底是怎么回事。
4. mean to do sth.
有意;故意做某事;
eg. I didn't mean to leave her name off the list; it was an oversight.
我不是有意在名单上漏掉她的名字的,这是个疏忽。
eg. didn't mean to startle you.
我不是存心要吓唬你。
5. trip up
使绊;将…绊倒; 使跌倒;
eg. He made a sudden dive for Uncle Jim's legs to try to trip him up.
他突然扑向吉姆叔叔的双腿,想要把他绊倒。
eg. He was tripped up by a passer-by.
他被一个路人绊倒了。
n. 根据,证据
v. 证实,证明