重点讲解:
1. on call
随时待命的;随叫随到的;
eg. In theory I'm on call day and night.
从理论上说,我现在昼夜待命。
eg. The nurse is on call tonight.
这位护士今天晚上值班。
2. be supposed to do sth.
应当,应该做某事;认为;
eg. I'm supposed to be there at five.
我得五点钟到那儿。
eg. 'The President cannot be disturbed,' his son is supposed to have told an early morning caller.
“校长不能见客,”他的儿子应该已经这样告知了一位一大清早就来了的拜访者。
3. turn out
(以某种方式)发生;最后是;结果是;
eg. Sometimes things don't turn out the way we think they're going to.
有时事情并不像我们认为的那样发展。
eg. I was positive things were going to turn out fine.
我确信事情最终会好起来的。
4. be pleased to do sth.
高兴(做…)的;乐意(做…)某事;
eg. We will be pleased to answer any questions you may have.
我们将很乐意回答你们可能想问的任何问题。
eg. I shall be very pleased to help you in every way I can.
我将很高兴地尽我所能来帮助你。