Practice Time
练习时光
Clerk: Good morning, Madam. Can I help you?
职员:早上好,女士,我能帮您吗?
Jenny: Yes, I've come to inquire about a six-thousand-dollar remittance from California. Has it arrived?
珍妮:是的,我来问一下一笔从加利福尼亚寄来的6000美元的汇款到了吗?
Clerk: May I have your name, please?
职员:请问您的姓名?
Jenny: My name is Jenny Clinton.
珍妮:我叫珍妮·克林顿。
CLerk: I see. Wait for a moment, please. I'm sorry, Mrs. Clinton, but the remittance does not appear to have arrived yet.
职员:知道了,请稍等。很抱歉,克林顿太太,这笔汇款还没到。
Jenny: Really? It should have arrived. It was sent a week ago.
珍妮:真的吗?它应该到了。这笔款是一个星期前寄出的。
Clerk: If the money was sent by cable, it would have taken about one or two days. But if it was sent by airmail, it would take at least one week.
职员:如果是电汇,一两天就够了。但如果是航空,那至少需要一星期。
Jenny: Well, then I'll come again the day after tomorrow.
珍妮:好吧,那我后天再来。
Clerk: Or would you like us to phone you when the money arrives?
职员:或者钱到了我们可以给您电话吗?
Jenny: That would be very kind of you.
珍妮:那真是太好了。
Clerk: Could you please tell me your phone number so we'll give you a ring as soon as the remittance has arrived?
职员:请您告诉我您的电话号码以便款一到我们给您电话,好吗?
Jenny: The phone number is 328-6765, extension 105.
珍妮:电话号码是328-6765,分机105。
Clerk: Thank you. We will inform you in time, Good-bye.
职员:谢谢。我们会及时通知您的。再见。
Jenny: Good-bye.
珍妮:再见。