重点讲解:
1. think nothing of it
对…不在意;不觉得…奇怪(或重要);
eg. When she went off to see her parents for the weekend I thought nothing of it.
她周末去看她的父母,我当时没觉得有什么特别的。
eg. One of Tony's friends, David, kept coming to my house but I didn't think anything of it.
托尼的朋友戴维经常来我家,不过我当时并没多想。
2. continue on
继续;
eg. A green light a traffic signal means your car can continue on.
交通信号中绿灯意味着你的汽车可以继续前进。
eg. Olympics ended. I believe that this culture will continue on, like the Olympic torch, relayed in everyone's heart.
奥运会结束了,我相信这种文明会像奥运火炬一样,在每个人的心中传递。
3. pardon me
对不起,不好意思打断一下(用于引起他人注意或者打断他人);
eg. Pardon me, are you finished, madam?
对不起,您用完餐了吗,夫人?
eg. Pardon me, but I have lose my way. Can you help me?
打扰了,我迷路了。请帮忙指个路?
4. stare at
凝视;盯着看;
eg. Tamara stared at him in disbelief, shaking her head.
塔玛拉一边狐疑地盯着他看,一边摇着头。
eg. The little girl stared at the little cats tumbling over each other in their basket.
小女孩凝视着在篮子里互相翻来滚去的小猫。
5. come of
出身于;来自;带来;
eg. She comes of a very good family.
她的家庭出身非常好。
eg. No good can come of your marrying above your status!
攀高枝对你绝无好处!
n. 信号,标志
v. (发信号)通知、表示<