Man: Hello, Bill Isaacs ...
男:你好,比尔·艾萨克斯……
Woman: Hello. This is Fiona Holiday from the Financial News. I'm writing an article about the success of the Rezzo supermarket chain.
女:你好。我是财经新闻的菲奥娜·霍利迪。我正在写一篇关于雷佐连锁超市成功的文章。
Man: Great - well, business has improved here since the arrival of our new Chief Executive, Jane Rothwell...
男:很好,自从新任首席执行官简·罗斯韦尔上任以来,我们的生意已经有所改善……
Woman: Sorry, that's Jane ...
女:对不起,是简……
Man: Rothwell ...that's R-O-T-H-W-E-double L.
男:罗思韦尔……写作R-O-T-H-W-E-L-L。
Woman: Thanks. Now, let's talk about your current position -1 believe Rezzo's have just announced their pre-tax profits...
女:谢谢。现在,让我们谈谈你目前的职位,雷佐刚刚公布了他们的税前利润……
Man: Yes, and the latest figures are one hundred and sixty-six million pounds for the six months to the end of September ...that's up eight million from the previous six months.
男:是的,最新的数据是截止到九月底的六个月共1.66亿英镑……这比前六个月增加了800万。
Woman: What will that mean for shareholders?
女:这对股东意味着什么?
Man: Very good news - shares have actually more than doubled since March, from one hundred and fifty pence to three hundred and twenty-seven...
男:非常好的消息——自3月份以来,股票实际上已经翻了一倍多,从150便士涨到了327便士……
Woman: I see. So what are your sales figures like?
女:我明白了。你们的销售额是多少?
Man: Well, sales per square metre are up eleven per cent ...That's two per cent better than forecast.
男:嗯,每平方米的销售额增长了11%……这比预期高出2%。
Woman: Mm-hm ...and how was that achieved?
女:嗯嗯……这是如何实现的呢?
Man: Well, we've increased the number of special discounts we offer on product lines from twenty-eight to fifty-two.
男:嗯,我们已经把产品线的特别折扣从28个增加到52个。
Woman: So, do Rezzo's have plans to expand?
女:那么,雷佐有扩张计划吗?
Man: Absolutely. We're going to open two sixteen-thousand-square-metre hypermarket stores in January, and a further five or six are planned over the year.
男:当然。我们打算在一月份开两家一万六千平方米的大卖场,今年还计划再开五、六家。
Woman: I see.
女:我知道了。
Man: And thirty-three per cent of the selling space in the new hypermarkets will be used for non-food items... that's up from twenty-five per cent in the existing supermarkets.
男:新的大型超市33%的销售空间将用于非食品类商品……这一比例高于现有超市的25%。
Woman: Interesting. Thanks, Mr Isaacs, that's all I need.
女:有意思。谢谢,艾萨克斯先生,这就是我所需要的。
Man: Thank you.
男:谢谢。