Freshmen's Week
大一新生的一周
Britain has a well-respected higher education system and some of the top universities and research institutions in the world.
英国拥有受人尊敬的高等教育体系和一些世界顶尖的大学和研究机构。
But to those who are new to this system, it can sometimes be confusing.
但对于那些对这一系统不熟悉的人来说,这有时会让人感到困惑。
October is usually be busiest month in the academic calendar.
十月通常是学年中最繁忙的月份。
Universities have something called Freshmen's Week for their newcomers.
大学为新生设立了新生周。
It's a great opportunity to make new friends, join lots of clubs and settle into university life.
这是一个结交新朋友,加入许多俱乐部和适应大学生活的好机会。
However, having just left the comfort of home and all your friends behind, the prospect of meeting strangers in classrooms and dormitories can be worrying.
然而,刚刚离开了舒适的家和所有的朋友,在教室和宿舍遇到陌生人的前景可能令人担忧。
Where do you start and who should you make friends with?
从哪里开始,应该和谁交朋友?
Which clubs and society should you join?
你应该参加哪些俱乐部和社团?
Luckily, there will be thousands of others in the same boat as you.
幸运的是,会有成千上万的人和你的情况一样。
They worry about starting their university social life on the right foot.
他们担心是否选对大学社团生活的正确方向。
So just take it all in slowly. Don't rush into anything that you'll regret for the next three years.
所以慢慢来。不要急着去做任何你会在接下来三年后悔的事情。