Lisa
丽萨
Lize?
丽思?
What are you doing here?
你来这干嘛?
I have this interview.I'm a finalist for a big NYT scholarship
我有一个面试,我进入了纽约时报奖学金最后一轮
but I don't have anything to wear.
但我没有能穿的衣服
You want my clothes?
你想要我的衣服?
nothing fancy just something that I can put over this.
不要精美,只要合适就行了
mom sold my coat once, I couldn't go to school
过去妈妈卖了我的外套,我没法上学
I remember
我记得
I cried, I loved going to school so much.
我还哭了,我真的很喜欢上学
you never went to school. why would they give you the scholarship
你从没去上学,他们怎么会给你奖学金?
because I'm homeless and I'm doing really well in school, and...
因为我无家可归,而且我在学校表现很好...
you're not homeless, Liz. you could stay here.
你不是无家可归,你能住在这里
No I couldn't. you know that
不,我不行,你知道的
pop hates you.
爷爷讨厌你?
I'm going blind. like mama
我真是瞎了眼,就像妈妈一样
I'm scared.
我很害怕
Liz, they kick me out of the group home and all my stuff.
丽思,他们把我赶出了教养院,还有所有的东西
they can't kick you out, you're not 18 yet.
他们不会赶你的,你还没18岁
They'll bring to to Brucklin. I don't wanna go to Brucklin. you have to help me
他们把我送到布鲁克林,我不想去,你得帮帮我
I have an interview. right?
我有一个面试,好吗?
just let get through this one thing, and you can come back and go to school
让我把这件事做完,你就能回来上学
no, I don't wanna go to school, I don't belong there, neither do you.
不,我不想上学,我不属于这里,你也是
yes I do.
不,我是
you think they like pepole like us to go to Harvard?
你认为他们会让想你我这样的人进哈佛?