第10周 公共汽车
荧屏情景:
星期五 车上聊天 片段选自《日出之前》 Before Sunrise 21:02--21:56
Celine: So it's my turn. No?
塞利娜:该我问了吧?
Jesse: Yes, your turn. Hit me.
杰西:好,该你了。问吧。
Celine: Have you ever been in love?
塞利娜:你有没有爱过一个人?
Jesse: Yes. Next question. What was the--
杰西:有,下一个问题。你曾经……
Celine: Wait a minute. So I can give one-word answers?
塞利娜:等一下啦。可以用一个字回答?
Jesse: Why not?
杰西:有何不可?
Celine: After I went into detail about my sexual feelings?
塞利娜:那我刚才还把我的隐私讲得那么仔细。
Jesse: They're different questions. I could answer the sexual-feelings thing. No problem. But, you know, love--I mean, what if I asked you about love?
杰西:这是两个截然不同的问题,我也可以谈我的情史。没问题。但你问的是爱,要是我问你有关爱的问题呢?
Celine: I would have lied, but at least I would have made up a great story.
塞利娜:我会说谎,但我起码会编出一个动人的故事。
Jesse: Love is a complex issue, you know? I mean, yes, I've told somebody I loved them, and I've meant it, but was it totally unselfish, giving love? Was it a beautiful thing? Not really. You know, it's like, love... I mean, I don't know. You know?
杰西:爱是很复杂的,不是吗?它就像……有啦,我曾经告诉过某人我爱她,我当时也是认真的,但那是完全无私,付出的爱吗?那是一件很美的事吗?也不尽然。你知道,爱就像……我也搞不清楚,你懂?