Hello, everybody. Thank you very much for inviting me here.
大家好。非常感谢你们邀请我来这里。
It's very pleasant to have a chance to talk to you about something that is obviously very much on everybody's minds.
很高兴能有机会和你们聊一些大家都很关心的事情。
I want to talk about an area of security or safety-bicycles.
我想谈谈安全或安全脚踏车领域。
I know a lot of you have bikes.
我知道你们很多人都有自行车。
First, when you get your bike, whether it's new or second-hand, bring it as soon as possible to us.
首先,当你得到自行车,无论是新的还是二手的,尽快把它带给我们。
There, we will be able to stamp it with a serial number.
然后,我们可以给它贴上序列号。
We actually stamp it into the metal.
我们实际上把它印到了金属中。
We'll register the number; put it on our list.
我们会注册号码;把它列在我们的清单上。
This can frighten criminals away if they realize there is a number stamped on it.
如果罪犯意识到上面印着一个序列号,他们就会被吓走。
Second, make sure you buy a good lock. It can be expensive, but it's never a waste of money.
第二,确保你买了一把好锁。它或许很贵,但绝不是浪费钱。
If you have an expensive bike, it's worth buying two locks.
如果你有一辆昂贵的自行车,买两把锁是值得的。
Do spend money on a good lock, because the cheap ones can be very very easy to cut.
一定要花钱买一把好锁,因为便宜的很容易被弄断。
Also, make sure you lock the bike to something permanent, though do be considerate to pedestrians.
同时,确保你把自行车锁在固定的地方,但是要考虑到行人。
And if the worst happens-you lose your bike, you should immediately report it to the police station, quoting the serial number that should have been stamped.
如果最糟糕的事情发生了——你丢了自行车,你应该去警察局,利用贴上的序列号。