I've come to take control of this ship,Mr Hands,I said,so please remember I'm your captain.
我是来接管这条船的,汉兹先生,我说。记住,现在我是你的船长。
He watched me pull down the Jolly Roger and throw it overboard,then he said,I expect you'll want to go ashore now.
他看着我降下了骷髅旗,扔到海里,他说:我看你是想到岸上去。
Suppose we talk about it.
咱们来谈谈吧。
There was some colour back in his cheeks but he looked very sick.
他的脸上露出一点血色,但还很虚弱。
Who's going to sail the ship now?
现在谁来驾船呢?
You can't do it;
你肯定不行;
but if you give me food and drink and a handkerchief to tie up my wound,I'll tell you how to sail her.
但如果你给我点吃喝,帮我用一块手帕包扎伤口,我会告诉你如何驾船的。
All right,I agreed.We'll go into North Inlet and quietly put her on the beach there.
那好吧,我说。我要把船开向岛北的水湾,慢慢地登上那里的海滩。
In three minutes I had the Hispaniola sailing easily before the wind,along the coast of Treasure Island.
不到三分钟我就轻而易举地驾着伊斯帕尼奥拉号沿着金银岛顺风而行了。
Then I went be-low and got a handkerchief and helped.
然后我下去找到一条手帕,
Hands tie up the great bleeding wound in his leg.
帮助汉兹包扎他腿上鲜血直流的伤口。
He ate a little and drank more of the rum,then he began to look a little better.
他吃了一点东西,又喝了不少酒,看起来比刚才好多了。
关于《金银岛》
每次都让吉姆又爱又怕,也让宁静的小镇增添了不少新鲜刺激的话题。