特别声明
该节目由可可原创,讲解部分由可可签约编辑编写。
视频出处
以下视频片段选自《唐顿庄园》第一季第二集。
影视片花
中英对白
Have you been able to explore the village?
您去村里看了吗
Indeed I have.
去了 还特地跑了趟医院
And I thought the hospital a great credit to your father's memory.
那真是令尊的一大善举
But I'm afraid the good doctor and I did not see eye to eye.
不过 恐怕我和大夫的意见不太一样
Oh! You amaze me !
真是少有啊
He's treating one of your tenants, John Drake, for dropsy.
他有个病人名叫John Drake患有水肿
But seems reluctant to embrace some of the newer treatments.
但好像不太想尝试新疗法
Drake is a good man and far too young to die,
Drake是个好人 不该英年早逝
but I suppose the doctor knows his business.
但我想大夫有自己的主意
Not as well as Mrs Crawley, apparently.
很显然Crawley夫人不这样认为
By the way, if ever you want to ride,
顺便提一下 如果你们想骑马
just let Lynch know and he'll sort it out for you.
告诉Lynch 他便会去安排
Oh, Papa, Cousin Matthew doesn't ride.
爸爸 别说笑了 Matthew堂哥可不骑马
I ride.
我骑
And do you hunt?
那你狩猎吗
No, I don't hunt.
不
I dare say there's not much opportunity in Manchester!
恐怕在曼城也没什么机会
Are you a hunting family?
你们全家都喜欢狩猎吗
Families like ours are always hunting families.
像我们这样的家庭都喜欢狩猎
Not always. Billy Skelton won't have them on his land.
此言差矣 Billy Skelton家族就反对
But all the Skeltons are mad.
他们家人都不正常
Do you hunt?
你狩猎吗
Occasionally.
偶尔会去
I suppose you're more interested in books than country sports.
与贵族运动相比 你应该更喜欢看书吧
I probably am.You'll tell me that's rather unhealthy.
没错 别告诉我 看书不益健康
Not unhealthy. Just unusual. Among our kind of people.
那倒不会 只是不寻常 在我们这一类人看来