In February 1612 Will's brother Gilbert died in London,and just a year later his brother Richard died in Stratford.
1612年2月,威尔的弟弟吉尔伯特死于伦敦。
That was in February,too.
一年后,也在2月份,
Will was the oldest brother,and he was the only one still alive.
他弟弟理查死于斯特拉福镇。威尔是家中的长子,而今孑然一身于世上。
We spent most of our time in Stratford these days.
这些日子,我们多半呆在斯特拉福镇。
Will didn't act in plays now.
威尔不再上台演戏,
He went to rehearsals for his new plays,of course,
不过他肯定赶去看新剧本的预演,
but he was always happy to hurry home again.
然后,兴致勃勃地赶回家。
We were riding back to Stratford in the spring of 1613 and Stopped for the night at the Crown Inn in Oxford.
1613年春,我们骑马回斯特拉福镇,途中在牛津的皇冠客栈寄宿。
Will was very friendly with the landlord John Davenant and his wife Jane.
威尔对房东约翰·达文南特和他妻子简非常友善。
The next morning,when we left,their little son,William,came running out to say goodbye to his good friend Mr Shakespeare.
第二天早要离开时,他们的小儿子威廉跑出来向他的好朋友莎士比亚先生告别。
He was a bright boy,about seven years old,with much the same colour hair and eyes as Will.
这小孩聪明伶俐,大约7岁,发色和眼睛酷似威尔。
Will talked with him for a few minutes,then gave him a penny.
威尔和他聊了几分钟,然后送给他一便士作纪念。
Later,when we were riding along the road,I said,The last time we were in Oxford,
当我们策马上路之后,我说道,我们上次在牛津时,
I heard some talk in the town.
我在镇上听到一些闲话。
Someone said that you were the father of Jane Davenant's son.
有人说你是简·达文南特儿子的父亲。