荧屏情景:
考试不及格 片段选自《皮囊》第1季第5集 Skins S01E05 01:21-02:49
Teacher: Now, this is exactly what I'm talking about, Sid. OK? Lack of concentration, inability to focus, nada commitment. Now, this piece of coursework I have marked "ungraded".
老师:看看,这就是我所说的,希德,对吗?走神,不能全神贯注,压根不投入。我给这份课程作业打了个“不及格”。
Father: Ungraded? What?
父亲:不及格?是什么?
Teacher: I can't pass him with this mark.
老师:这个分数,就是说我不能让他通过。
Father: Fucking hell!
父亲:真他妈该死!
Teahcer: Mark... Mark, please. With his mark... Not you, Mark, this mark... you have failed the entire year.
老师:马克……马克,请你……得了这个分……不是指你,马克,我指的是这个分数。你整个一学年就都白上了!
Father: He's what?
父亲:他,什么?
Teaher: He's failed the entire year.
老师:他整个这一年都浪费了。
Father: Sid, you... sidding... idiot!
父亲:希德,你……这个白痴!
Teacher: Ah, hold on, there's no need to panic. Because I fought for you, Sid, I really did, and got you an extension. It was hard, but I worked at it, and I got it. Right?
老师:啊,等待,别紧张,因为我为你争取了。希德,我真的已经为你争取了一个机会。这可不容易,但我想方设法办到了。好吧?
Father: Got what right?
父亲:办到了什么?
Teacher: No, I got it. Right?
老师:不是,是我争取来的机会。明白了?
Sid: Thanks... Tom.
希德:谢谢……汤姆。
Teacher: So... 2,000 words on Lech Walesa, Solidarity and the collapse of Soviet power.
老师:所以,写两千字关于列赫·专文萨、(波兰劳工领袖政治家)团结工会、苏联政权的瓦解。
Father: Jesus Christ!
父亲:我的上帝啊!
Teacher: You've got two days. Get your head down.
老师:你有两天时间,埋头苦干吧。
Father: You better fucking believe he's getting his head down. You can say goodbye to sunshine. Sunshine. You are grounded.
父亲:你他妈最好相信他会埋头苦干。你可以和阳光告别了,暗无天日,你被关禁闭了。
Teacher: Put it this way. Let's change and develop. OK?
老师:不如这样,让我们改过自新,怎么样?
Mother: Thanks, Tom. We're all very grateful for this second chance. Aren't we, Mark?
母亲:谢谢你,汤姆。你能再次给他机会,我们一家都很感激。对吧,马克?
Father: Yes. Thank you very much.
父亲:是的,非常感谢。