特别声明
该节目由可可原创,讲解部分由可可签约编辑编写。
视频出处
以下视频片段选自《唐顿庄园》第一季第二集。
影视片花
中英对白
Oh, Ellen, this is much better than I thought it would be. You have done well.
Thank you, ma'am.
谢谢夫人
Would you like this in here, ma'am, or taken up to your room?
夫人 这是放在这儿 还是拿到您的房间里
In here, thank you. So, are you the whole of our new household?
这儿吧 谢谢 宅子就由你们二位来打理了 是吗
There's a local girl, ma'am - Beth. She's to double under-housemaid and kitchen maid.
还有一个姑娘 本地人 她叫Beth 她是您的女仆 也会在厨房打下手
This is ridiculous.
真荒唐
Thank you very much, Molesley. Might we have some tea?
非常感谢 Molesley 我们想喝点茶
Very good, ma'am.
您稍等 夫人
Well, he can go right now.
他现在就可以走人
Why?
为什么
Because we do not need a butler, or a valet if it comes to that.
我们不需要管家 也不需要男侍
We've always managed perfectly well with a cook and a maid, and they cannot expect us to...
有个厨子和女仆就够了 他们别指望我们会
What they expect, Matthew, is that we won't know how to behave,
他们指望我们不懂礼数
so if you don't mind, I'd rather not confirm their expectations.
你若不介意 我不想证明他们指望对了
I have to be myself, Mother. I'll be no use to anyone if I can't be myself.
我得有自己的主意 母亲 不然我成什么了 无用之徒
And before they, or you, get any ideas, I will choose my own wife.
还有 在他们 或者您打我的主意之前 我自己选妻子
What on earth do you mean?
你这话什么意思
They'll push one of the daughters at me.
他们肯定会强人所难 嫁一个女儿给我
They'll have fixed on that when they heard I was a bachelor.
听说我还是单身后 估计就在琢磨此事