配电承包商说 昨晚他撞到一只鹿
So he won't be here till tomorrow.
所以他明天才能来
And upstairs, the shelves are late... ... because the pine we ordered has beetles.
楼上的架子现在不能装 因为我们订的松木被虫蛀了
Very good.
非常好…
And we got a $50,000 ticket for workers peeing off the roof.
我们还收到一张 五万块钱的罚单 因为工人在屋顶上尿尿
That is great. Is the electrician here?
太棒了… 配电工今天来不来
I just told you he hit a deer. I knew you weren't listening to me.
我刚告诉你他撞了一头鹿。我知道你根本没听我讲话
You're right. I wasn't.
你说的对,我是没在听
"l hear nothing. Not a sound on the city streets, just the beat of my own heart. "
“听不到纽约街头的声音,我只听到我的心跳声”
I think that's how it goes. Something like that.
差不多是这个意思
You and Patricia got engaged, didn't you? You can tell me.
你和派崔莎已经订婚了,不是吗?你可以跟我说实话
Engaged?
订婚?
Are you crazy?
你疯了吗
I thought you liked Patricia.
我以为你喜欢派崔莎
I do. I love Patricia.
是没错…我爱死派崔莎了
Patricia's amazing. She makes coffee nervous.
她真厉害,她精力充沛,连咖啡都怕她
We should announce ourselves to the neighborhood: "Here we come. "
我们应该先和邻居打好关系,让他们知道我们即将开幕
This is the Upper West Side.
我不知道,这里是西区
We might as well tell them we're opening a crack house.
干脆告诉他们,我们在贩毒
They're going to hate us.
他们会恨死我们
They'll be lining up to picket the big bad chain store... ...that's out to destroy—
他们会排起长队包围抗议可恶的大型连锁书店,毁了他们
Everything they hold dear.
所珍惜的一切
We're going to seduce them with our square footage...
我们要诱惑他们用宽敞的卖场
...and our discounts and our deep armchairs...
优惠的折扣、舒服的沙发以及…
...and our cappuccino.
我们的卡布奇诺
They're going to hate us at the beginning...
没错,他们一开始会讨厌我们 但是…
...but we'll get them in the end.
我们终究会获胜
And you know why?
你知道原因吗
Why?
不知道
Because we'll sell cheap books and legal addictive stimulants.
因为我们卖的书很便宜,而且又卖廉价兴奋剂
In the meantime, we'll just put up a big sign:
同时我们要打出广告
"Coming Soon, a Fox Books Superstore. The End of Civilization... ...As You Know It!"
“福克斯超级书店即将开幕,正如你所知,文明即将终结”