The next morning, the captain came downstairs.
第二天早上,老船长下楼来。
He didn't eat much food but he drank more rum than usual.
他没吃多少东西,但比平时喝了更多的朗姆酒。
He helped himself and we were too busy to stop him.
他自斟自饮,我们也无暇阻止他。
There were visits from neighbours, and my father's burial to arrange.
很多邻居和朋友过来探望,我父亲的葬礼也需要安排。
The day after the burial was cold and foggy.
我父亲葬礼的第二天,天很冷,雾很浓。
At about three oclock in the afternoon,
大约下午三点钟时,
I was standing at the door of the inn when I saw a blind man coming along the road.
我正站在客店门口,刚好看见一个瞎子沿着大路走来,
He was feeling his way with a stick.
他用一根棍子在前面探路。
Will any kind friend tell a poor blind man where he is?he said.
哪位好心的人能告诉我这儿是什么地方?他问。
You're at the Admiral Benbow inn, Black Hill Cove, my good man,I said.
我的朋友,你在布莱克希尔湾的本葆将军客店,我说。