He told me when he was dying.
他临死前告诉我所有的事。
But don't call the law unless they give me the black spot,
他们给我送黑券之前,你先别去报官,
or if you see the seaman with one leg-he's worse than any of them.
除非你看见一条腿的水手——那个独脚水手是最坏的。
But what is the black spot, captain?I asked.
黑券是什么东西,老船长?我问。
That's a message, boy.
那是一条讯息,孩子。
I'll tell you if they give me that.
他们送来后我会告诉你的。
Keep your eyes open, Jim, and I'll give you half of everything I have.
你要留心守望,吉姆,我以后什么都会和你平分的。
He talked for a little longer then fell into a heavy sleep ,and I left him.
他又说了几句话就沉沉地睡去,于是我就走开了。
That night, my father died.
那天晚上我父亲死了。
This put all other thoughts to one side and I had no time to worry about the captain.
我只好把别的事情放在一边,也没有时间想到老船长了。