Chapter 3 The black spot
Chapter 3 黑券
Later that day, I took the captain a cool drink.
那天晚些时候,我送了一杯清凉饮料到老船长屋里去。
Jim, he said,you're the only person here worth anything.
吉姆,他说,这里我只看得起你一个人。
You'll bring me some rum ,won't you, boy?
你给我拿一杯朗姆酒来好不好?
The doctor said—I began.
大夫说——我开始说。
He swore about the doctor.
他立即咒骂起大夫来。
Look, Jim, one glass is all I ask.
听着,吉姆,我只要一杯朗姆酒,
I'll pay you for it.
我可以付钱。
The only money I want, I said,is the money you owe my father.
我想要的,我说,只是你欠我父亲的钱。
But I'll get you one glass of rum ,no more.
我可以给你一杯朗姆酒,不能再多了。
He was grateful and drank it quickly.
他非常感激我,然后把酒一饮而尽。
Did the doctor say how long I must lie in my bed?he asked.
大夫说我要在床上躺多久?他问。