特别声明
该节目由可可原创,讲解部分由可可签约编辑编写。
视频出处
以下视频片段选自《唐顿庄园》第一季第一集。
影视片花
中英对白
We must go and let the servants get in here.
走吧 让仆人来收拾
I'd be grateful if we can stay a minute more.
我希望和您再坐一会
I have something to ask you.
有些事想问
I was terribly sorry to hear about your cousins.
对您堂兄的事 我深表遗憾
You said.
您说过了
Did you know them?
您认识他们吗
Not well. I used to see Patrick at the odd thing.
不太熟识 曾见过Patrick
I imagine it will mean some adjustments for you all.To lose two heirs in one night is terrible.
一夜痛失两位继承人 太悲惨了 你们可能需要缓一阵子
Indeed. It was terrible.
Awful. But then again, it's an ill wind. At least Lady Mary's prospects must have rather improved.
是的 但所谓祸兮福所倚 至少Mary小姐的前景明朗了
Have they? Haven't they?
是吗 不是吗
I will not be coy and pretend I do not understand your meaning, though you seem very informed on this family's private affairs.
看来您对我们家事了如指掌 我不想装作没听懂这些话
But you ought perhaps to know that I do not intend to fight the entail, not any part of it.
但您当知道我不打算打破限定继承 绝对不会
You can't be serious.
您不是认真的吧
It pains me to say it, but I am.
虽不情愿 但的确如此
You'll give up your entire estate,your wife's money into the bargain to a perfect stranger?
您要将自己所有的家产及尊夫人的嫁妆 拱手让给一位完全陌生的人
You won't even put up a fight?
双手奉上 就这样吗
I hope he proves to be perfect, but I rather doubt it.
我希望他是完美的陌生人 不过难说
Very odd thing to joke about perfect stranger
您还有心情开玩笑 完全陌生的人
No odder than this conversation.
比不上您 还有心思拐弯抹角
So, there you have it. But Mary will still have her settlement, which you won't find ungenerous.
I-I'm sorry?
什么意思
I only meant that her portion, when she marries, will be more than respectable. You'll be pleased, I promise you.
她结婚时的嫁妆 会相当丰厚 保证您会满意
Oh, heavens. I hope I haven't given the wrong impression.
老天 但愿我没让您误会
You know very well... My dear Lord Grantham. Don't 'My dear Lord Grantham' me! You knew what you were doing when you came here.
你很清楚 亲爱的伯爵阁下 少给我来这一套 你知道自己所行的目的
You encouraged Mary, all of us, to think-forgive me, but I came to express my sympathies and friendship, nothing more. He will not, however, be me.
你让Mary 让所有人觉得抱歉 我只是来致以同情与问候 无其他的了
Lady Mary is a charming person. Whoever marries her will be a lucky man.
Mary小姐清丽可人 谁可娶得她 必是幸运之人 可惜 那人不会是我
I see. And what was it that you asked me to stay behind to hear?
那你让我留下来是想问什么
I forget.
我忘了