So you're going to be having an intimate dinner rather than one of your legendary soirees?这么说你是打算举办一次私人聚餐而不是你著名的社交晚宴
rather than:而不是
These are political rather than social matters.
这是政治问题而不是社会问题。
Last I heard, you and Adam had broken up.据我所知,你和亚当分手了
break up:结束
They decided to break up the partnership.
他们决定终止合作关系。
My brother gets away with murder.我哥溜之大吉了
get away:逃脱;离开
He had an itch to get away and explore.
他等不及要动身去探险。
I won't let him get away with that excuse.
我不会让他用那种借口蒙混过去。
常用短语:
get away with murder做了错事而未被察觉(能为所欲为而不受约束), 犯了大错而没有收惩罚
get away from it all[口]用出走的办法来摆脱烦恼[工作, 责任]
get squared away把东西弄整齐
Get away with you!去你的吧!