Yum.
好吃
Oh, my. - Here it is. Of course. - What...
- 哦,在这里 - 什么?
- Who’s that? - I don’t know.
- 是谁? - 我不知道
Special delivery for Mrs. Julia Child.
给Julia Child女士的特快专递
Chilly!
真冷啊!
There you are.
来,给
Dear Mrs. Child,
亲爱的Child女士
we have read your superb French cookbook,
我们已经阅读了您杰出的法式烹饪书
studying it, cooking from it, estimating, and so on.
经过仔细研究,评估和实践之后
And we have come to the conclusion that it is a unique book
我们一致认为 这是一本独一无二的好书
that we would be very proud to publish.
如能由我们出版 将不胜荣幸
Paul! Paul!
Paul!Paul!
What? What, what, what, what?
怎么了怎么了?
Knopf... Knopf… Knopf wants to publish our book.
Knopf出版社要出版我的书了
Is it "K-nopf" or "Nopf"?
是K- nopf?还是Nopf?
- Who cares? - Who cares?
- 谁管这个 - 就是,谁管这个
They want to offer us an advance of $1,500.
他们要给我1500美元的预付款
Oh, my God.
哦,天呐
"We believe that your book will do for French cooking in America
我们相信你的书会像是 Rombauer的“烹饪的乐趣”一样
"what Rombauer’s the Joy of Cooking did for standard cooking.
会给整个美国的法式烹饪确立标准
"And we will sell it that way."
这就是我们的销售思路