But we don’t want to publish an encyclopedia.
但我们并不想出一本百科全书
I thought this was intended for housewives.
我们认为这本书是针对家庭主妇的
Yes, housewives want something quick, with a mix.
而且,主妇需要的是快捷,实用的综合烹饪书
Like this.
就像这个
But if I may speak for everyone,
我说一句
if you were willing to revise it, I’m sure we would all be interested.
如果能够将书缩减一下的话 每个人就都满意了
Simca, I am so sorry. Simoa,
我很抱歉
You just picked the wrong collaborator.
你不该选择我们作为合作伙伴
Yes, I should have worked with this woman, "Baked Alaska in a Flower Pot."
是的 我应该跟这个女人合作 在花盆里做火烧冰激凌
We’ll just take the book away from Houghton Mifflin and find another publisher.
别理那本书了 再选别家的出版社就好了
We have just begun to fight. Julia, your book is a masterpiece.
我们才开始起步呢 Julia,你的书是本杰作
What is Marshmallow Fluff?
葵蜜饯酱是什么?
And keep the advance, by the way. Keep the entire $250.
把那250美元预付款留着
Don’t give them back a penny of it.
一分也别还给他们
Why did we ever decide to do this anyway? What were we thinking?
我们最初究竟为何要写这本书的?
Who can remember?
谁还记得吗?
I can.
我
We wanted to write a French cookbook for American women who do not have cooks.
我们要写一本教美国女性做法国菜的食谱
So then, that’s what we’ll do. We’ll just do it all over again.
这就是我们写书的初衷 我们就再从头做一遍
And that’s that. It’ll be easy.
就这么办,很容易的
It will. The dessert section is done. Thanks to Simca, it is brilliant.
甜点部分已经整理完了,而且很精彩 多亏了Simca
Thank you.
谢谢
I just haven’t typed it up yet.
只是我还没有把它打出来
But that will give me something to do in Oslo.
不过这样我在奥斯陆就有事做了