And so I wrote her back. And she wrote me back.
我又回信 这样一来一往
Well, it’s been eight years, I think.
然后,就写了八年
- Avis. - Julia.
- 艾维斯 - 朱莉娅
- My darling friend. - Look at you.
- 我亲爱的朋友 - 瞧瞧你啊
Brilliant friend. Bless you.
我的智友,祝福你
This is a very impressive undertaking, Mrs. Child and Mrs. Beck.
Child和Beck女士 这是一部让人印象深刻的著作
Well, thank you very, very much.
谢谢夸奖
And your editor loves it.
你的编辑很喜欢它
I do. I think it’s brilliant.
确实,我认为相当精彩
There’s really nothing else like it on the market.
市场上并无相似的著作
- The problem is not just the length. - It’s 700 pages.
- 问题不仅在于它的厚度 - 700页啊
- Yes, we know. It is long. - Yes, we know it’s long.
- 我们知道它有点儿厚 - 我们知道它有点儿厚
You have 700 pages of just sauce and poultry recipes.
而且你700页都是来讲酱汁和家禽的食谱
We were thinking that you could publish it in a series of volumes.
我们想过,你们可以按照一个系列来出版
Volume One, Sauces.
第一卷,酱汁
- Volume Two... - Poultry.
- 第二卷 - 禽类
Yes.
对
Volume Three, Fish. Meat, vegetables, and desserts.
第三卷,鱼类 以此类推,肉类,蔬菜类和甜点类
That’s one, two, three... That’s six volumes.
一,二,三… 一共六卷
Eggs.
蛋类
- Eggs. - Eggs. Seven. Seven volumes.
- 蛋类 - 蛋类,第七卷