Walk around the moon and look back at the world. You know?
在月球上行走 回望地球
A view that nobody else has ever seen.
从没有人看过这样的景色
We believed they could do anything.
我们深信 他们无所不能
We believed NASA's technology was perfect.
深信国家航空航天局的技术尽善尽美
It was the genius of the best of American science and engineering. And it was.
那是美国最顶尖的科学家与工程师共同努力的结晶,事实的确如此
You have to remember what we had come through leading up to that summer night in 1969.
要知道 我们经历了怎样的过去,在1969年夏的登月计划实施之前
we lost a President to assassination.
我们的总统被暗杀
We lost his brother to assassination.
然后他的弟弟也被暗杀
But for a few minutes one summer night,
但在那个夏夜 有那么几分钟
we all stood and stared up at the heavens.
所有人都站在那里 仰望苍穹
That became the first of nine spaceships that went to the moon and 24 Americans reached the moon.
那是第一艘飞向月球的飞船,之后还有八艘,24个美国人到达了月球
And we landed six out of seven times.
七次中有六次登月成功
And I think for the country as a whole
我觉得对于整个美国而言
it remains something of a metaphor. You know,
这件事后来变得颇具喻义
you always have to say we did the Appollo Project to solve this problem that problem.
就好比我们经常说 我们实施了阿波罗计划从而解决了这样那样的问题
The lunar landing unites America.
登月让美国人更加团结
It is the nation's greatest scientific achievement.
这是美国最伟大的科学成就
Technology is powering forward.
科技迅猛发展
But America is held back.
然而美国的发展遭遇了阻碍
There's a fault line that changed the nation:Race.
改变美国的是存在于这片土地上的一个"断层线":种族问题