第一、妙语连珠
1. take on:开始雇佣
e.g. He's spoken to a publishing firm. They're going to take him on.
他和一家出版公司谈过了,他们打算雇用他。
2. do one’s work:做事,工作
e.g. Why don't you get off my back and let me do my work!
你就不能别打扰我让我好好地工作!
3. go down:下楼
e.g. John has been awake for hours but he does not go down yet.
约翰醒来好几个小时了,但是他还是没有下楼来。
4. for long:长久地
e.g. My mother remained silent for long.
妈妈保持沉默了很久。
5. go into:开始从事
e.g. My father has now gone into the tourism business.
我爸爸现在从事旅游业。
6. back to:回到
e.g. I wrote back to him immediately to thank them for the invitation.
我立刻给他写了回信, 感谢他们盛情邀请。
7. turn up:(常指出其不意地或经长久等待后)出现,到来,露面
e.g. Richard had turned up on Christmas Eve with Tony.
理查德和托尼在圣诞夜一道露面了。
e.g. This is similar to waiting for a bus that never turns up.
这就跟等待一辆永远等不到的公共汽车差不多。
8. like a shot:立即,飞快地
e.g. If I had a chance to go to Japan, I'd take it like a shot.
如果我有机会去日本, 我会乐意接受。
e.g. As soon as he heard the news, he was off like a shot.
一听到这消息他马上就赶去了。
第二、口语表达
情景设置:每个季节的到来,我们都要更换不同的衣服,现在夏季到了,我们马上可以穿上性感而又显示身材的裙子了。
套用句型:Sb goes into something.
句型操练:We will go into beautiful and fashionable dresses by this month.