Madam Pomfrey wasn't at all pleased.
庞弗雷夫人很不高兴。
You should have come straight to me! she raged, holding up the sad, limp remainder of what, half an hour before, had been a working arm.
你应该直接来找我!她气呼呼地说,托起那个可怜巴巴、毫无生气的玩艺儿,就在半小时前,它还是一条活动自如的胳膊。
I can mend bones in a second—but growing them back —
我一秒钟就能把骨头接好——可是要让它们重新长出来—
You will be able to, won't you? said Harry desperately.
你也会的,是吗?哈利十分迫切地问。
I'll be able to, certainly, but it will be painful, said Madam Pomfrey grimly, throwing Harry a pair of pajamas.
我当然会,可是会很疼的。庞弗雷夫人板着脸说,扔给哈利一套睡衣,
You'll have to stay the night. . . .
你只好在这里过夜了……
Hermione waited outside the curtain drawn around Harry's bed while Ron helped him into his pajamas.
哈利病床周围的帘子拉上了,罗恩帮他换上睡衣,赫敏在外面等着。
It took a while to stuff the rubbery, boneless arm into a sleeve.
他们费了不少工夫,才把那只橡皮般的、没有骨头的胳膊塞进了袖子。
How can you stick up for Lockhart now, Hermione, eh? Ron called through the curtain as he pulled Harry's limp fingers through the cuff.
你现在还怎么护着洛哈特,嗯,赫敏?罗恩一边把哈利软绵绵的手指一个个地从袖口里拉出来,一边隔着帘子大声说道,
If Harry had wanted deboning he would have asked.
如果哈利想要把骨头拿掉,他自己会提出来的。
Anyone can make a mistake, said Hermione. And it doesn't hurt anymore, does it, Harry?
谁都会犯错误的嘛,赫敏说,而且现在胳膊不疼了。是吧,哈利?
No, said Harry, getting into bed. But it doesn't do anything else either.
不疼了,哈利说,可是它什么也做不成了。