They don’t really care about me.
他们并不真正的关心我
Paul. Of course they do. Paul,
他们当然关心你了
They don’t, really.
他们真的不
Well, if we can’t stay in Paris,
如果我们不能待在巴黎
then I’ll just mail the pages to Louisette and Simca
那我只能把做好的这些寄给Louisette和Simca了
and they can mail them back to me.
然后她们可以再回寄给我
That’s why they invented the mail system and carbon paper and onionskin copies,
这就是人们发明邮寄系统和复写纸还有半透明纸的原因
or I can just jump on the train to Paris
或者我可以跳上去巴黎的火车
whenever the three of us absolutely have to work together, you know.
你也知道,不论何时,我们三个一定是要在一起工作的
Or the two of us, actually, because as we know, Louisette does next to nothing.
事实上,是我们两个 因为Louisette什么也没做
But we would still be somewhere in Europe.
但是我们还是在欧洲啊
Don’t you think?
你不这么认为吗?
It’s very hard to say, given the current political climate.
这很难说,考虑到目前的政治形势
Senator McCarthy does not like people like us.
麦卡锡不喜欢像我们这样的人
Us? Why? What have we done?
我们?为什么?我们做了什么?
We haven’t done anything. That’s not the point.
我们什么都没做,这不是问题的关键
The point is, we were in China. And that’s practically sufficient.
关键是,我们曾在中国呆过,这实际上就足够了
Well, meanwhile, we’re still here.
可是,与此同时,我们还是在这里啊
- Yes, we are. You’re right. - Yes.
- 是的,我们是在这,你是对的 - 是啊
Here’s to the book.
为了这本书,干杯