It’s Judith Jones, the editor who’s responsible
她是Judith Jones
for getting Julia’s cookbook published way back when,
很久以前负责出版Julia烹饪书的编辑
the woman who recognized history in an onionskin manuscript.
她在半透明纸的手稿上鉴定了历史
She’s older and probably not used to eating at 10:00 at night,
她年纪有些大了 而且很可能不习惯在夜里十点钟吃东西了
which is why I’m being diligent about this and making the stew the night before.
这也是为什么我这样尽心尽力的做这个, 还在前一天晚上就把肉炖好
And as I cook it,
当我做这道菜的时候
I almost feel as if Julia and I are communicating over space and time
我几乎觉得好像Julia和我穿越了时空在交流着
on a deep, spiritual, mystical level.
在一个深刻的,精神上的,又十分神秘的层面
Although, mostly, I’m just talking to myself.
虽然大部分时间,我只是在自言自语
- How long does it take to cook? - Two and a half hours.
- 这个要做多久啊? - 两个半小时
Welcome.
欢迎收看
I’m Julia Child.
我是Julia Child
And today we’re going to make a holiday feast, or lesfes d’holiday.
今天我们要做一个节日盛宴
And we’re going to start with half-boned chicken or poularde demi-doss.
我们先从半剔骨的肉鸡开始
Now, first, remove the liver and fry it up with some onions for a little snack
首先呢,把肝脏拿出来, 跟洋葱一起煎一煎当做零食
or perhaps a delicious liverwurst which you can spread on a cracker,
或者是美味的肝泥香肠, 你可以把它铺在薄脆饼干上
a Ritz cracker, a saltine.
乐之饼干,一种盐薄脆饼干
Saltine.
盐-薄-脆(Julia滑稽的语调)
Or if you have a pet, a cat or a dog, they love liver.
又或者你有宠物的话,像猫咪啊,狗狗啊, 他们喜欢吃肝的
Save the liver.
一定要把这肝留下来啊
- Save the liver. - Save the liver.
- 一定要把这肝留下来啊 - 一定要把这肝留下来啊