Harry made an indistinct noise in his throat and then hurried off after Ron and Hermione.
哈利在喉咙里含混地咕哝一声,便匆匆跟着罗恩和赫敏离开了。
“I don't believe it,” he said as the three of them examined the signature on the note.
“我真不敢相信,”他们三个仔细研究纸条上的签名时,哈利说,
“He didn't even look at the book we wanted.”
“他根本没看我们想要的是什么书。”
“That's because he's a brainless git,” said Ron.
“因为他是个没有脑子的蠢货。”罗恩说,
“But who cares, we've got what we needed —”
“管他呢,反正我们想要的东西已经弄到手了。”
“He is not a brainless git,” said Hermione shrilly as they half ran toward the library.
“他不是没有脑子的蠢货。”他们小跑着向图书馆去时,赫敏尖声说道。
“Just because he said you were the best student of the year —”
“就因为他说你是全年级最优秀的学生……”
They dropped their voices as they entered the muffled stillness of the library.
走进了沉闷安静的图书馆,他们不由得放低了声音。
Madam Pince, the librarian, was a thin, irritable woman who looked like an underfed vulture.
图书管理员平斯夫人是个脾气暴躁的瘦女人,活像一只营养不良的兀鹫。
“Moste Potente Potions?” she repeated suspiciously, trying to take the note from Hermione; but Hermione wouldn't let go.
“《强力药剂》?”她怀疑地念了一遍,想从赫敏手里把纸条拿过去,但是赫敏不肯放手。
“I was wondering if I could keep it,” she said breathlessly.
“不知道我能不能留着。”赫敏喘不过气地说。
“Oh, come on,” said Ron, wrenching it from her grasp and thrusting it at Madam Pince.
“哦,给她吧,”罗恩说着,从她紧攥着的手里一把夺过纸条,塞给平斯夫人,
“We'll get you another autograph.
“我们还会给你再弄到一个亲笔签名。