- Why didn’t we? - Too tall.
- 为什么我们不? - 太高了
Let’s face it, it’s true.
我们要面对, 这是真的
From the beginning, you just don’t fit in. Literally.
从一开始你就无法融入,完全的
- So then you don’t. - I know, it’s true.
- 那就算了呗 - 我知道那是真的
Do not bait Father about politics when he comes.
爸爸来的时候不要跟他开政治玩笑
- No. - Or he won’t pick up the check.
- 不要 - 否则他不会付钱的
- He won’t, will he? - I can’t make any promises.
- 他不会,是吗? - 我不敢承诺
- He loves Senator McCarthy. - Oh, I know.
- 他喜欢麦卡锡 - 这我知道
- Pasadena. - Pasadena.
- 帕萨迪纳 - 帕萨迪纳
Jinx.
倒霉
Dort, do you have... You have the Brie.
Dort,你有...你有布里乳酪吗?
- Is this the Brie? - Yes. Yes, that’s the Brie.
- 是这个吗? - 是的, 是的,就是它
Is that not the most wonderful cheese you ever had in your life?
它是你这辈子吃过的最好的芝士吧?
- Yes! - Yes.
- 是的 - 是的
The answer’s yes.
答案就是“没错”
I got the chef at Chez la Mere Michel to give me the recipe for beurre blanc.
Chez La Mere Michel的主厨给了我黄油白沙司的食谱
Beurre blanc. What’s beurre blanc?
黄油白沙司,什么是黄油白沙司?
- Butter in a white wine vinegar reduction. - I love butter.
- 黄油和白酒白醋调成的 - 我喜欢黄油
You whisk them together,
你把它们搅拌在一起
and the acid in the vinegar works on the milk solids in the butter
醋酸能和黄油里的牛奶发生作用
so that the butter, instead of melting, becomes this
所以黄油不仅不会化开
creamy, light, frothy,
还会变成轻飘飘的泡沫
with kind of a fantastic subtle kind of...
散发着梦幻般微妙的...
Tangy.
香气