Cooked it in class. It’s a veal chop with mushrooms in a bag.
在课上做过 把小牛排和蘑菇一起放进袋子里
A paper bag. That’s the surprise.
一个纸袋,这倒挺惊喜
You open the bag, surprise!
你打开袋子,奇吧
Veal and mushrooms, it’s just I’ve never flunked a test in my entire life.
小牛排和蘑菇 我这辈子还没挂过科呢
- I am an A student. - You can ask to take it again.
- 我是个优秀学生 - 你可以申请再考一次
- I can? - Of course.
- 可以吗? - 当然
Meanwhile, you can come teach with us.
与此同时,你还可以来和我们一起教
Gosh!
太棒了
Is it true you plan to teach?
你真的打算去教书?
Yes, we’re going to teach Americans in Paris how to cook.
是的,我们打算教所有在巴黎的美国人如何烹饪
Madame Child, I must tell you, you have no real talent for cooking.
Child夫人,我必须告诉你 你在烹饪方面是真的没有天赋
But the Americans will never know the difference.
但是美国人永远不会知道这差异
We are, I am sorry to say, entering aspics.
很抱歉,我们是在讲肉冻
An aspic is sort of a beef-flavored Jell-O mold.
所谓肉冻就是牛肉味的果冻
Doesn’t that sound delicious?
这听起来不美味吗?
I can’t imagine why no one makes them anymore.
我无法想象 为什么没有人再做它们了
You begin with a calf’s foot,
先从牛蹄入手
which I am in possession of thanks to my sainted husband,
就此我对我伟岸的丈夫 致以最崇高的谢意
and you boil it until your kitchen smells like a tannery.
要一直熬煮 直到你的厨房充满皮革味