Harry got up and crossed to the window next to the message on the wall.
哈利爬起身,走向墙上那些文字旁边的窗户。
Hermione was pointing at the topmost pane, where around twenty spiders were scuttling, apparently fighting to get through a small crack.
赫敏指着最上面的那块玻璃,那里大约有二十只蜘蛛正在慌慌张张地爬行,似乎急于从玻璃上的一道小缝中钻出去。
A long, silvery thread was dangling like a rope, as though they had all climbed it in their hurry to get outside.
一根长长的银丝像绳索一样挂下来,看样子它们就是通过这根丝匆匆爬上来,逃向窗外的。
“Have you ever seen spiders act like that?” said Hermione wonderingly.
“你看见过蜘蛛这种样子吗?”赫敏纳闷地问。
“No,” said Harry, “have you, Ron? Ron?”
“没有,”哈利说,“你呢,罗恩?罗恩?”
He looked over his shoulder. Ron was standing well back and seemed to be fighting the impulse to run.
他扭过头来。罗恩远远地站在后面,似乎正强忍住想逃走的冲动。
“What's up?” said Harry.
“怎么啦?”哈利问。
“I—don't—like—spiders,” said Ron tensely.
“我—不喜—不喜欢—蜘蛛。”罗恩紧张地说。
“I never knew that,” said Hermione, looking at Ron in surprise.
“这我倒没听说过,”赫敏说,惊讶地看着罗恩,
“You've used spiders in Potions loads of times. . . .”
“你在魔药课上那么多次使用蜘蛛……”
“I don't mind them dead,” said Ron, who was carefully looking anywhere but at the window.
“死蜘蛛我不在乎,”罗恩说,小心地将目光避开那扇窗户,
“I just don't like the way they move. . . .”
“我只是不喜欢它们爬动的样子—”
Hermione giggled.
赫敏咯咯地笑了。
“It's not funny,” said Ron, fiercely.
“有什么好笑的,”罗恩恼怒地说,