and the hat had said, Oh, well, if you're sure . . . better be Gryffindor. . . .
于是那帽子说:“哦,好吧,既然你这么确定……那就不妨去格兰芬多……”
As they were shunted along in the throng, Colin Creevey went past.
三个人被拥过来的人群挤到了一边,这时,科林克里维从他们身边走过。
“Hiya, Harry!”
“你好,哈利!”
“Hullo, Colin,” said Harry automatically.
“你好,科林。”哈利随口答道。
“Harry — Harry — a boy in my class has been saying you're —”
“哈利——哈利——我们班上的一个男生最近一直说你是——”
But Colin was so small he couldn't fight against the tide of people bearing him toward the Great Hall; they heard him squeak, “See you, Harry!” and he was gone.
然而科林的个头太小了,挡不住把他推向礼堂的人流。他们只听见他尖声叫了一句:“再见,哈利!”就消失得无影无踪。
“What's a boy in his class saying about you?” Hermione wondered.
“他们班上的那个男生说你什么呢?”赫敏不解地问。
“That I'm Slytherin's heir, I expect,” said Harry,
“我想,大概说我是斯莱特林的继承人吧。”哈利说,
his stomach dropping another inch or so as he suddenly remembered the way Justin Finch-Fletchley had run away from him at lunchtime.
他的心又往下沉了一点儿,因为他突然想起吃午饭时贾斯廷芬列里匆忙逃避他的样子。
“People here'll believe anything,” said Ron in disgust.
“这里的人什么都相信。”罗恩厌恶地说。
The crowd thinned and they were able to climb the next staircase without difficulty.
人群渐渐稀疏了,他们终于能够毫不费力地登上楼梯。
“D'you really think there's a Chamber of Secrets?” Ron asked Hermione.
“你真的认为有密室吗?”罗恩问赫敏。
“I don't know,” she said, frowning. “Dumbledore couldn't cure Mrs.Norris,
“我不知道,”她说着,皱起了眉头,“邓布利多治不好洛丽丝夫人,