You must have a mortar and pestle.
你们必须有钵和杵
Incidentally, my father is horrified I’m going to cooking school.
顺便说一下 听说我在学烹饪 我爸吓坏了
Offered to give me extra money to hire a cook.
并提出给我一笔钱让我去请一个厨子
Go on. Fun! Joy! This is what matters.
继续,开心、乐趣,这才是最重要的
I’m probably the only American I know in Paris
据我所知,我可能是所有在巴黎的美国人
who thinks shopping for food is as much fun as buying a dress.
唯一一个觉得逛菜市场比逛时装店更有趣的人
Course, you’d think so too, if you lived in a country
当然如果你生活在这儿也会这样的
where absolutely nothing comes in my size.
这儿没什么东西有我的码数
By the way, did you know that if you don’t dry meat,
另外,你知道么,如果你不烘干肉块
it won’t brown properly?
它们就不会变成恰到好处的褐色
Irma Rombauer doesn’t say a word about it in the Joy of Cooking.
对此,Irma Rombauer在《烹饪的乐趣》里可是只字未提
Avis, I am in heaven here. Avis,
在这儿我觉得跟天堂一般
I’ve been looking for a career all my life...
我一直在寻找值得托付终身的事业...
- Happy Valentine’s Day. ...and I’ve found it.
- 情人节快乐 - 幸运的是 我找到了
We met in Ceylon when we were in the OSS.
在OSS(航天科学所)工作的时候 我们在斯里兰卡见过面
But he never noticed me at first.
但他起初就没有注意到我
Well, that’s not true. I noticed you. I noticed your legs straightaway.
这可不是,我注意到了你 我立马就注意到你了
Oh, you were such a rou?
噢,你这个坏男人
- All the women were mad for him. - Can you blame them?
- 所有女人都为他而疯狂 - 那你能责怪她们吗?
Anyway, we were sent off to China.
不过,我们准备去中国