I had this notion, God knows why, that poaching eggs would be simple.
我有个毫无征兆的感觉 荷包蛋会很简单
But I was deeply wrong.
但是我真真错了
"Immediately and gently push the white over the yolk with a wooden spoon
“用一个木勺迅速而温和地将蛋白覆盖在蛋黄上”
"for two to three seconds." Immediately.
“两到三秒” 马上
Disgusting.
真恶心
Oh, maybe the eggs aren’t fresh. Julia says the eggs have to be fresh.
哦,也许鸡蛋不新鲜 Julia说要新鲜的鸡蛋
They are fresh.
它们很新鲜
Okay. You don’t have to bite my head off. I’m just quoting Julia.
好吧,你也没必要弄得像我欠你钱一样 我只不过在引用Julia的话
It took three of us, crammed into the kitchen over a pot of simmering water,
这让我们三个挤在厨房里 围着一锅沸腾的水
but, eventually, we nailed it.
但最后 我们成功了
- Hello. - Welcome.
- 你好 - 欢迎
How cute is that?
这个真可爱啊?
And I ate my very first egg of my whole life, ever, ever, ever.
我吃了我这辈子,这一生中 第一枚鸡蛋
I thought eggs were going to be greasy and slimy,
我以为鸡蛋吃起来是油腻,黏糊糊的
but it tastes like cheese sauce. Yum.
但这吃起来倒像是,奶酪酱汁,好吃
Julia Child, you are so good.
Julia Child你真棒
- Cheers. - Cheers.
- 干杯 - 干杯
And, may I say, excellent wine?
还有,我得说这是美酒
- Do you think Julia knows about you? - I wish.
- 你觉得Julia知道你吗? - 但愿吧
I have this fantasy that she comes for dinner and I show her my new lemon zester.
我YY过她来我们家吃饭 我给她炫耀一下我的新柠檬削皮器
We become very close.
我们会很亲密的
The truth is, no one knows about me.
但事实是没人知道我的存在
I feel like I’m just sending things into this giant void.
感觉上我只是在把文字传到这片巨大的虚空之中
Which reminds me. Annabelle’s blog. Have you read it lately?
这让我想到Annabelle的博客 你最近读过它吗?