That’s when I saw an ocean.
就在那里 我见到了大海。
The mediterranean, probably.
也许是地中海。
It was around the beginning of the bronze age.
大约是青铜时代早期。
So I followed the trade routes from the east.
我沿着东方的青铜之路。
Copper, tin.
铜钱,锡币。
Learning languages as I went.
每到一处学习当地语言。
Everywhere, creation myths.
世界各地都在创造神话。
New gods, so many, so different.
新的神明,数量众多,名目繁杂。
I finally realized that it was.
最后我发觉这些都。
Probably all hogwash.
都是无稽之谈。
So I was sumerian for 2,000 years.
所以我做了2000年苏美尔人。
Then finally babylonian under hammurabi.
然后成为汉莫拉比王的巴比伦人。
Great man.
他是个伟大的国王。
And I sailed as a phoenician for a time.
后来做为腓尼基人航行了一段时间。
See, moving on had been easier as a hunter-Gatherer.
这时候迁徙 比史前时期要容易。
Difficult when villages emerged.
但当村落出现的时候就不容易了。
Tougher still in city states where authority was centralized.
集权化的城镇出现后就更难了。
Strangers were suspect.
陌生人多遭怀疑。
It seemed as though I was always moving on.
由于我需要不停地迁徙。
I learned some new tricks.
我学到了一些小伎俩。
Even faked my death a couple of times.
甚至有几次伪造了自己的死亡。
I continued east.
我继续往东走。
To india.
到达了印度。
Luckily at the time of the buddha.
正好是释迦摩尼的时代。
Luckily.
真巧。
Most extraordinary man I’ve ever known.
他是我所见过的最特殊的人。
He taught me things.
他传授我知识。
I’d never thought about before.
那些知识我从来都不曾想过。
You studied.with the buddha?
你向佛祖求学?
Until he died.
直至他圆寂。
He knew there was something different about me.
他知道我与众不同。
I never told him.
我从没告诉过他。
This is fascinating.
太神奇了。