特别声明:
该节目由可可原创,部分台词由可可改译。
视频出处:
本期影视片花选自英国古装电视连续剧《唐顿庄园》第一季第一集。
影视片花:
中英对白:
[Scene: William stops to wipe his brow and Daisy rushes up to him.]
Daisy: Do me a favour. This must be sprinkled on the chicken.
帮我个忙把,把这洒在鸡肉上。
William: Isn't there more to go up?
不是还有菜要端上去吗?
Daisy: Please! It won't take a moment!
求你了,这用不了多久的!
William: Go on then, give it here.
好吧,我做吧,给我。
[Scene: The mourners walk back to the house.]
[情景:悼念者都走回庄园。]
Robert: We ought to talk about the business of the entail.
我们得谈谈限定继承的事。
George Murray: As you know, on your death the heir to the title inherits everything except for the sums set aside for your daughters and your widow.
您知道的——在您百年之后,除了留给妻女的少量钱财外,其余的财产都将归继承爵位的人所有。
Robert: Yes.
我知道。
George Murray: Owing to the terms of her settlement, this will include the bulk of your wife's fortune.
根据她的让渡协议,您夫人将失去大部分财产。
Robert: It has been our sole topic of conversation since the day the ship went down.
自从船沉之后,家里就没谈过别的事。
George Murray: Of course, it must seem horribly unjust to Lady Grantham, but that is how the law stands.
当然,这对夫人来说极不公平,可是这就是法律。
Robert: Is there really no way to detach her money from the estate? Even to me, it seems absurd.
真的无法将她的钱与庄园剥离吗?甚至对我来说,这也够荒唐的。
George Murray: Your father tied the knots pretty tight. I'd say it's unbreakable.
老爵爷将此事打成了个死结,可谓牢不可破。
Robert: I see.
我知道了。
[Scene: Further back, Edith weeps into her handkerchief.]
[情景:在距离庄主的后面,Edith用手绢擦着眼泪。]
Mary: Really, Edith. Do you have to put on such an exhibition?
Edith,你就非要哭给所有人看,是吧?
Sybil: She's not.
她是真伤心。
Mary: I was supposed to be engaged to him, for heaven's sake, not you, and I can control myself.
与他订婚的人是我,又不是。上帝保佑我,我没有失态。
Edith:Then you should be ashamed.
那你该感到羞愧。