- Dad-- - So-- well, you did.
- 爸爸…… - 所以……我又没说错
- I didn't know that. - God. I stammered.
- 我还不知道呢 - 我只是口吃
Stammered, stutter, what's the difference?
口吃,结巴 有什么不同么?
Couldn't understand a damn thing he said.
不知道他叽哩咕噜说些什么
So, I got him to read me poetry out loud.
所以,我让他每天大声读诗
It wasn't very pretty at first,
一开始效果不大
but then his stutter went away.
不过后来他就不结巴了
Well, it's a good idea, that poetry.
这个办法不错,读诗
- Yeah, I thought so. - Huh?
- 是的,我也这么想 - 哈?
Unbelievable, unbelievable.
难以置信,难以置信
I'm a Tennyson man, myself, but he likes Whitman--
我个人比较喜欢丁尼生 不过他喜欢惠特曼……
For some reason, I don't know.
不知道是怎么回事
Say, how would you like some breakfast? Would you like some breakfast?
嗨,想来点早饭吗? 来点早饭?
- Breakfast? - Yeah.
- 早饭? - 是的
- Dad, it's 10:00. - What's that got to do with it?
- 爸爸,现在是晚上十点 - 那有什么关系?
You can have pancakes any damn time of night you want.
薄饼啥时候吃都行
- Come on, you want some breakfast? - Sure.
- 来吧,你想吃点早饭吗? - 当然
It was an improbable romance.
这个故事听起来有些不大可能
He was a country boy. She was from the city.
他是一个乡下男孩 而她来自城里
She had the world at her feet,
她养尊处优
while he didn't have two dimes to rub together.
而他口袋里连两个铜板都没有