“I expect they've let it rot to give it a stronger flavor,” said Hermione knowledgeably, pinching her nose and leaning closer to look at the putrid haggis.
“我猜想他们让食物腐烂,是想让味道更浓一些。”赫敏很有见识地说,她捂着鼻子,靠上前去细看腐烂的肉馅羊肚。
“Can we move? I feel sick,” said Ron.
“我们走吧,我感到恶心了。”罗恩说。
They had barely turned around, however, when a little man swooped suddenly from under the table and came to a halt in midair before them.
他们还没来得及转身,一个矮小的男鬼突然从桌子底下钻了出来,停在他们面前的半空中。
“Hello, Peeves,” said Harry cautiously.
“你好,皮皮鬼。”哈利小心翼翼地说。
Unlike the ghosts around them, Peeves the Poltergeist was the very reverse of pale and transparent.
皮皮鬼是一个专门喜欢搞恶作剧的鬼,他和他们周围的那些鬼魂不同,不是苍白而透明的。
He was wearing a bright orange party hat, a revolving bow tie, and a broad grin on his wide, wicked face.
恰恰相反,他戴着一顶鲜艳的橘红色晚会帽,打着旋转的蝴蝶领结,一副坏样的阔脸上龇牙咧嘴地露出笑容。
“Nibbles?” he said sweetly, offering them a bowl of peanuts covered in fungus.
“想来点儿吗?”他甜甜地说,递给他们一碗长满霉菌的花生。
“No thanks,” said Hermione.
“不,谢谢。”赫敏说。
“Heard you talking about poor Myrtle,” said Peeves, his eyes dancing.
“听见你们在议论可怜的桃金娘。”皮皮鬼说,眼睛忽闪忽闪的,
“Rude you was about poor Myrtle.” He took a deep breath and bellowed, “OY! MYRTLE!”
“议论可怜的桃金娘,真不礼貌。”他深深吸了口气,大吼一声:“喂,桃金娘!”
“Oh, no, Peeves, don't tell her what I said, she'll be really upset,” Hermione whispered frantically.
“哦,不要,皮皮鬼,别把我的话告诉她,她会感到很难过的。”赫敏着急地低声说,