A classroom with 50 students
一班五十个学生
can be daunting for anyone.
任何人都会望而生畏的
John, besides, you're a terrible teacher.
约翰 再说了 你也不是个好老师
I'm an acquired taste, Martin.
有深度的人才懂得欣赏我 马丁
I was hoping there still might be something I could contribute.
我希望能有贡献的机会
What about the...
那...
Well, you know.
那个 其实你也知道
Are they gone?
他们消失了吗?
No, they're not gone.
不 他们仍在这里
And maybe they never will be.
也许永远不会消失
But I've gotten used to ignoring them
但是我已习惯不理会他们
and I think as a result they've kind of given up on me.
而他们也有点儿想放弃我
You think that's what it's like with
你以为我们的梦
all our dreams and our nightmares, Martin?
以及恶梦就是 这样的吗 马丁?
You've got to keep feeding them for them to stay alive?
不停的饲养他们 让他们活者?
John, they... haunt you, though.
约翰 可是 他们 经常困扰你
They're my past, Martin. Everybody's haunted by their past.
他们是我的过去 其实每个人都被过去所缠绕
Well, good-bye.
再见啦
John, I'll talk to the department.
我会和学校谈的
Maybe in the spring.
也许春季就能开始