To remind us there is something...
时时提醒我们。
above us.
上面有人类的主宰。
I like that.
我喜欢那样想。
I'm going to temple.
我要去(犹太)教堂。
You're not going to temple.
别去!
You go to temple more than the rabbi.
你比牧师去得还勤。
Get off my back, woman.
你这女人少管我的事。
God, will you ever wise up?
老天!你什么时候才能清醒点儿?
Yuri, don't forget to check
尤里,别忘了去看一看。
the specials at the Palace.
皇宫酒店的特价。
Growing up in Little Odessa,
在小奥德萨长大。
murder was everyday part of life.
人杀人是家常便饭。
Russian mobsters had also migrated.
俄罗斯黑帮。
from the Soviet Union.
也从苏联移民到了这里。
and when they came to America,
而且他们来美国时。
their baggage came with them.
还带着家伙呢。
There was always some gangster.
社区里。
getting whacked in my neighborhood,
每天都有些帮派份子斗殴。
but I'd never seen it with my own eyes.
只是我从没亲眼见过。
I had this knack of showing up five minutes before something went down,
每次我总是早五分钟。
or five minutes after.
或晚五分钟。
Not that day.
但那天不一样。
It hit me.
这一枪打醒了我。
It couldn't have hit me harder
枪打中他们带给我更大的震撼。
if I was the one who'd been shot.
就像打在我身上一样。
You go into the restaurant business...
你开饭馆。
because people are always going to have to eat.
是因为人总是要吃饭。
That was the day I realized my destiny...
就是那天,我意识到我的命运。
...lay in fulfilling another basic human need.
是为了提供人们的另一种生活必需品。