For the first twenty-odd years of my life...
在我生命的前二十几年里。
Little Odessa was to me what it is to the Q train...
小奥德萨对我来说 就像对这列火车一样。
...the end of the line.
是终点站。
Oh, I did lie about my name.
哦,关于我的名字,我刚撒了个谎。
It's not really Yuri Orlov.
其实并不是尤里·奥洛夫。
There've been few occasions in the in the 20th century...
在20世纪的某些时候。
when it's been an advantage be a Jew.
做个犹太人是有好处的。
But in the 'seventies, to escape the Soviet Union,
70年代我们全家为了逃离苏联。
our family pretended to be Jewish.
就伪装成犹太人。
Little about my life has been kosher ever since
从此我就活得不怎么好。
How's it going, brother?
老哥,你好吗?
It's not.
不怎么样。
That's Vitaly, my younger brother.
这是维塔利,我弟弟。
He was as lost as me.
他和我一样,对生命感到迷惘。
He didn't know it yet.
只是他现在还不知道罢了。
Yuri,
尤里。
you're late.
你迟到了。
My father took his assumed identity to heart.
我父亲很快地就把 这伪装的身份当真了。
He was more Jewish than most Jews.
他比很多犹太人更犹太。
Which drove my Catholic mother crazy.
这使我信天主教的母亲很生气。
How many times?
说过多少次啦?
I can't eat shellfish.
我不能吃贝类。
It's treyf.
不圣洁。
You're not Jewish.
你不是犹太人。
I like it.
但我喜欢这样。
I like the hat.
我喜欢帽子。